This course was designed for parents who want to go into their next IEP meeting more prepared and will lead you to step by step through the IEP process, helps you understand your child’s needs, explains the terminology and shows you how to create an IEP binder for your child.
The parent’s guide to the IEP course will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to individualized education plans
- Intro to IEP binders
- How to understand your child’s unique learning needs?
- Accommodations and modifications
- Goals and objectives
- Review of other terms you will come across during IEPs
- Preparing for your child’s IEP meeting
You will have unlimited access to the 13 hours of videos in this course. The price for membership is $297.00 now. Customers in GST will be charged 7% tax.
INTRODUCTION TO THE IEP
- Introduction to A Parent’s Guide to IEPs
- What is an IEP?
- Who are IEPs for?
- What should IEPs look like?
- What does it mean for your child?
- The IEP Process
- Module 1 Overview
- Introduction to the IEP Binder
- Why are IEP Binders needed?
- Parts of the IEP Binder
- Communication Log
- Assessments and Report Card
- Supportive Information and Glossary
- IEP Binder Review
- Understanding your Child’s Diagnosis
- Explaining your Child’s Diagnosis
- Explaining your Child’s Strengths & Weaknesses
- Explaining your Child’s Past & Future
- How are they different?
- What do they mean?
- What is best for your child?
- How are they different?
- Creating good Goals and Objectives
- What do they mean for my child?
- How many should my child have?
- Advocacy & Self Advocacy
- Transition Plan
- Mainstreaming vs Special Education
- Least Restrictive Environment
- Inclusion vs Integration
- Behaviour Intervention Plan
Sherri (Mother of an individual with Dyslexia)
Susanna Bentley (Mother of an Individual on the Autism Spectrum)
Mariah (Individual with Dyslexia)
Beverly Van Guilder
“Dr. K was instrumental in heading me in the right direction to get my son assessed and then diagnosed. He has ADHD, dyslexia, slow processing, and anxiety. She helped him figure out strategies for learning, focus, and confidence for not just school but for life in general!”
We’re very grateful for Dr. Garforth’s compassion and expertise in helping us find an answer to my daughter’s challenges and getting support as well as an individual education plan for my daughter to relieve some of her academic stress. Would recommend Dr. Garforth with full confidence in helping people identify and work towards overcoming learning challenges.
About the Business
Garforth Education welcomes clients of all ages and with different academic needs including learning disorders, ADHD, Autism Spectrum, and low incidence special needs.
At Garforth Education, we believe that everybody has a unique learning profile with different strengths and challenges. When considering this profile to design a personalized education plan, it is possible to find a pathway to success at any age.
Located in Richmond BC
Servicing British Columbia, Canada, & beyond!